More than 500 Lawrence students, faculty and staff attended the grand opening of the Buchanan Kiewit Wellness Center January 12, touring the renovated facility and participating in a variety of wellness-related activities.
Lawrence University hopes you will take advantage of all the Wellness Center has to offer, as well as participate in regular wellness events such as:
- Join the “On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!” eight-week physical activity program. Pick up your activity log and a yellow WelLU wristband at the Wellness Center main entrance reception desk. Log your physical activity in increments of 10 minutes and when you’ve completed 400 minutes, turn your log in at the reception desk and receive a new log and green WelLU wristband. Record another 400 minutes of activity for a total of 800 minutes by Friday, March 11, and get a blue WelLU wristband. Wear your wristbands on campus to demonstrate your commitment to being physically active!
- Check out the new Wellness Center website which is easily accessible through a link on the Lawrence University home page and be sure to visit the link to the WelLU websiteregularly. The WelLU website features:
1. FROM THE HEART – Share your personal wellness-related story and read success stories shared by other LU faculty, staff and students
2. SUGGESTION BOX – What type of wellness programs would you like to see on campus? Share your suggestions and your feedback with one simple online click
3. WelLU BLOG – Find out about the latest wellness “happenings” on campus
4. 2011 MONTHLY HEALTH CALENDAR
5. NEWSLETTERS – featuring information and resources on the many dimensions of wellness (physical, emotional, environmental, etc.)
6. PRESENTATIONS: View a video of John Shier’s March 2010 presentation to the Lawrence Community on “How To Live Long and Die Healthy”; View a variety of PowerPoint presentations and recorded webinars on topics such as “Getting Active”, “Letting Go Of Stress”, “Self-Care”, and more!
8. LINKS to Well City Fox Cities, the American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association and many other respected organizations
9. LINKS to “Student Wellness”, “Health & Counseling Services”, “Athletics”, the “Buchanan Kiewit Wellness Center”, “LU Library Wellness Resources”, “Smoke-Free Campus Map” and more!
Lawrence University, "Wellness Center grand opening by the numbers" (2011). Press Releases. Paper 428.