More than 150 Lawrence University students from around the globe will perform during the 36th annual Lawrence International Cabaret, a musical celebration of world culture.
Under the theme “A Light to the World,” this year’s cabaret will be staged in the Lawrence Memorial Chapel Sunday, April 15 at 3 p.m. A buffet dinner featuring international dishes will be served in the Warch Campus Center following the performance.
The event is sponsored by Lawrence International, a student organization for international students with members representing 50 countries.
Cabaret features a wide variety of entertainment from Afghanistan, China, Ethiopia, Peru, Poland and Sudan, among others.
Among the nearly 20 scheduled acts are:
• A fashion show displaying traditional dress from represented countries
• A Balinese gamelan performance
• A Bollywood dance routine to a medley of songs from popular Indian musical films
• An Afro-Caribbean fusion dance
• Traditional Middle Eastern belly dancing
• A musical number from central Sudan featuring household objects as instruments
Lawrence University, "Annual Cabaret Celebrates International Culture, Cuisine" (2012). Press Releases. 196.